Monday, April 24, 2006

Weirdly flattered

The weirdest thing happened to me last Friday, okay, maybe not weird to some people, but definitely a first for me. It was while I am driving to another work place of mine down in PJ. Right at the Pantai traffic junction, when the light is red, I was doing my stuff, stretching, looking at right and left, glancing towards another car... then suddenly this man driving a Honda next to me take notice and wanted more attention from me. Thinking that is nothing, I drove away the minute the light turned green. Suddenly I was taken by surprise when I looked at the rearview mirror, he followed me! He kept flashing his high beam light asking me to stop at the side of the road, thinking… ”Did I hit him or something?” and he won’t take no for an answer, I was terrified, dunno what to do and stopping at the side of the Federal Highway is not an option… so I kept on going and since he is still following, I finally stopped very near to my office building. And he did too! He went out of his car, I rolled the window down decided not to go out too, cause it could lead to more terrible things if I am unlucky… “God Forbid!” Seeing he’s walking towards me… “Here we go… who is this guy, what could have he wants from me?” God knows lots of things played on my minda at that very moment. Then there he is… at my window:

Me: “Yes?” (what is it?)
Unknown guy: “Hi, I nak kenal la”
Me: (What?! Huh!) with a very confused face
Unknown guy gave me his card: “you ada handphone no”
Me: “oo… hmm, nanti I call you kay?”
Unknown guy: “ok, nama you siapa”
Me: “hmm… Diana, hmm.. okaylah, later, I gotta go”
Unknown guy: “okay, nice to meet ya..”
Me: smile insincerely and drove way.

What? All that scares and just for the sake of getting to know me? Is that what people do these days…? The world is definitely getting creepy, and finding a normal one special kind of love now is just getting more complicated.

*Sigh*

Looking back at that daunting incident, I was slightly flattered though… someone’s actually notice… in a very bizarre way… a very eerie way indeed. What a day it was…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time, go to nearest police station.. just in case benda2 tak baik kan..beware beb!

todek said...

Well, that's one way to flirt. Although it's bordering on the creepy side.