Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Music gets me every Time...

Music really gets me every time, and to prove it I watch the Grammy awards three times back to back last night. What a show I’d say. With tributes to 50th anniversary of Rock n Roll, it only made me glued closer to the tele. Did you see Melissa Etheridge and Joss Stone roll it all out for Janis? Wish she were here to see that, well if she’s here, she too went all out together with them. And what about that Lynyrd Skynyrd!!! Argh!!! I can still imagine my excitement with my eyes just roll out, surprised and satisfied at the same time. What a performance by those country folks… and that Keith Urban!!! Cute!!! Wish I were Gretchen Wilson up there on that stage. Sweet Home Alabama… they’re coming home indeed. Alicia Keys… need I say more? And Jamie Foxx… what a voice, what a voice, I bet Ray is smiling up from above right then. And what’s with this grammy people, you need to award people when they are die? Can’t you see his success in his years of making all those good music, rewind to last year... Luther Vandross… well, he was in a stroke, but still… What’s done is done, and I am happy with the entire award and honorary recipients, but Maroon 5? Never mind… John Mayer always the best, Franz Ferdinand!!! … I want you to take me out! Still I wish the killers were performing as well, and way to go the ‘American Idiot’ Green Day… well done proving, rock is indeed FUN!. Last but not least! The Beatles crossing across the universe spreading their contagious, most successful music of all time, and the tradition continues by these fellow excellent singers: Stevie Wonder, Alicia Keys, Billy Joe Armstrong, Velvet Revolver, Steven Tyler, Bono of U2, Norah Jones (my fav), Allison Kraus, Tim McGraw and others I ight forgot the names sending a pledge to people across the globe that Something is definitely gonna change our world. Music has done their part. It’s up to us now. Spread the love my friends… spread the lurve…

No comments: