Monday, February 26, 2007

The Grammy and the Academy

This business of me took a day off work to watch wards show really paid off this year… the Grammy didn’t disappoint me and Oscar is just as wonderful.

The 49th Grammy Awards

Although the Grammy Favorites become clearer each year, I didn’t mind John Mayer win again. Maybe Grammy always amused by the idea of peace on earth, and while Mayer waiting on the world to change, it is obvious that positive energy needed to make all that comes true. Who else can inject that positiveness in all of his/her music other than John Mayer, and the good looks and voice helps a whole lot more.

All other performances are just as entertaining, love John Legend (always do), love Christina Aguilera, who rose above the stage just after brilliant performance from three generations of R&B performers. “It’s a men’s world indeed” and Christina just belted out the right note to fight that! Awesome!

On the favorite genre, ROCK, didn’t really sure I like RHCP wins… but I guess 2006 is their year… so, they deserved it.

O yeah... among all the wins, my favorite was indeed Mary J Blige moments. After all the drama in her life, she deserved it. And her always-outstanding performance never failed to amuse, so, here it goes my newfound love for the woman and her music! No more Drama! (won’t promise that though)

4 hours later, I am exhaustedly satisfied… (hmm…)

The 79th Academy Awards

Firstly, Ellen Degeneres was awesome, the jokes are funny, to Peter O Toole,” you know what they say, three times a charm” hilarious!

On the nominees and winnings, too bad Leo didn’t get to win yet again eh? Still, Forest Whittaker and Helen Mirren did well in both their movies, so, they deserved it. Eddie Murphy’s lost is quite a shock though. It seems to prove drama always won when it comes to best performance in a leading and supporting role. But, Jennifer Hudon won right? It’s her other American dream came true at least? Whatever…

The performances were awesome. Melissa Etheridge won huh? I guess it is time to remind people of the world on the importance of global warming. Suddenly the thought of the land is shrinking is really scary huh?

The Departed won!!!! Yea!!! Hurray!!! So, Leo, it wasn’t all bitterness eh? Congratulations Mr Martin Scorcese, I will really like to act in one of your movies someday… someday…


4 hours later, I am contented and glad I shared the whole day with my mom! Her predictions mostly wrong and I am practically right all the time, so I won! An award for me, the undeniably biggest Hollywood fan in Malaysia... hehehehe.

2 comments:

dcharmed said...

ponteng sebab nak tgk grammy? Shuuhheeehhh...

Rainy said...

sesekali bawak2 le tengok Sembilu Kasih....

ngehhehe