Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The Wedding

No, not mine… but a very close person in my heart: My Best Friend’s Wedding. As much as I wanted to help in any way I can, I managed to spend the whole three days helping her out if not so much. I was on leave on Friday, and just when I started to roll in with the position as the bridesmaid, my car got knocked down on the Federal Highway, bugger! And Noura, being the noble person that she always is, she helped us out to send the car to USJ. How can I not spend the next 36 hours helping her out after that!

We were late for picking up the wedding outfits, nevertheless we managed to complete the to-do list for that day, including all the flowers purchases etc.

The-Day:
The Mak Andam beautifully fixed the brides in the morning for Nikah, and the ceremony went well despite the very long ceramah by the Tok Imam, good knowledge being preached though. With all the new information that has been lectured, it was definitely something to take with me in the future.


Overall, the event (in both sides) was tiring at the same time, gorgeously well celebrated and not to forget a very emotional one for me. Felt like I have lost a part of myself that always kept me collected in this life. I know it’s silly because I will definitely still be in touch with her… it’s just… different.

Whatever reason I have, CONGRATULATIONS my friend for following the circle of life into another phase called marriage. Be a good wife, a good partner and a best friend. Like I said,

“…you managed to deal with our friendship, with a very difficult person like me, you WILL go through this beautifully like you always does in any situations”

It does make sense right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i also have the same feeling (felt lost) when i attend my fren wedding. But life goes on.

To noura, congratulation.

Jones said...

Well, this one is "special friend"... there was an extra sadness feeling I got.