Sunday, July 09, 2006

And then there's hope...

Knowing my sisters that well, I know one of them loves children so much and the other is on a neutral level :-) i.e. whenever she saw a very charming one, she'll adore one. Weirdly enough (when the latter one being neutral and such), for some mystifying reason, the children always drawn to her even though me and my younger sis crazy about those little kids. I guess kids do get attracted to what they thought a pure heart when us adult least likely to show our affection (not trying too hard I mean) and instead, we should just smile at them. So take not all of you who wanted to impress the kids (this advice is not applicable to you, pedophiles eh!)

One day, during our routine mobility from home to work and vice versa, the time when we managed to get our seat in the train, there’s a few incidents when you get a deep sleeper as you seating partner, and he or she will somehow cannot made their head to stay still and their neck and had to lean down.. (I hate those moments). And my sister, always made her point to not let any single adult strangers have their share in leaning their heads on the her shoulder when they fast asleep the minute they got to sit. She will do anything, be it giving a nudge or any sign that means “excuse me, I am not your shoulder to lean on” well, sort of speak.


Have that being said, and going back to my babbling about her being loved by children and all, one day, one kid actually had a sweet dream napping on her shoulder all the way from KL to Batang Benar (which is our stop). She just sits still and let that boy be until we have to get off the train. The father of the boy was so embarrassed that she just smiled and said she didn’t mind at all. And so I capture that precious moment and actually thought to myself, that “there is still hope”... And that; only we understood.



No comments: